Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Halloween

It was my week to teach Rue's joy school group.  I was nervous since it was my first since Peter.  Things went ok though.  Friday was Halloween so I let the kids dress up and we did Halloween activities.  I even invited a few friends in the ward to join us.  We had a great time and the kids had fun wearing their princess dresses.

 Last year was SO fun and I wanted to repeat the idea this year.  We did a potluck soup dinner and then trick or treated around out neighborhood.  Last year the Christian family joined us, but this year they decided to go to the ward Halloween party.  So, I invited my parents.  I didn't think that they would be able to or want to drive all the way over, but they did.  My parents came out and even picked up Grandma.  We had butternut soup and bread.  It was so yummy.  Grandma was so excited to be here and share with us.  After dinner we got all dressed up.  The kids were to die for.  They were darling!  Peter was a pirate and I was Wendy.  Dad and Grandma stayed at the house to pass out candy and Mom came with us to take the kids around.  It was wonderful.  I LOVE having a home and  neighborhood of my own.  I'm so proud to be apart of the neighborhood.  The kids had a great time and were so excited about the treats.  We came back and visited for a bit outside.  Mom and dad headed out with grandma and Christian group stopped by for a few minutes.  It turned out to be another great night.  I HATE scary or gross bloody Halloween stuff, but otherwise it's so much fun.  I love it with kids.



 I have such an awesome family that likes to dress up together!






1 comment:

Erin said...

Cute! We did this one last year! The pattern for Peter's looks like the same one I used for Miles. I should have just let you borrow his! Did you see our pictures? I think Keith's outfit was much more elaborate than Matt's and I was Tiger Lily and one of the girls was Tinkerbell instead of both a mermaid.