Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Gilbert Temple Dedication

February began still quite sick.  I did manage to still get my mantle decorated for the season.  I have loved this spot to decorate.



The Gilbert temple was set up for the open house end of January through the beginning of February.  We were told to go online and sign up for tickets.  At first it was very annoying to have to pick only open times to go, but I guess they were trying to spread out the huge mormon wave of visitors.  Mom and dad worked as helpers and Tyler was actually security for the open house.  We went the first Friday in February.  Keith usually works half a day, so we scheduled to do it first thing in the morning and then he would just work the afternoon half.  It was a little rough getting us and the girls ready to go and get out there in time.  It's an hour drive from our house, but I'm glad we did it.  They did a little movie presentation in the chapel right there and then led us to the temple.  My only complaint was that they had so many people going through they were trying to rush people through quickly.  I REALLY would have liked to have been able to stop and talk with Ada about the things we saw.  We were pretty rushed out of the rooms.  Ada didn't like having to put the coverings on her shoes.  She wouldn't let the volunteers help (as usually scared of everything), so I had to help her get them on and explain why we wear them.  Her favorite part was the chandelier in the Celestial room.  She just stopped and pointed!  I did pause for a minute with her there and tried to talk to her about why that room was so special.  We talked a little about the sealing room too.  It all ended so quick, but I'm glad we were able to go and share with our girls.  I hope they know how important the temple is to us.  Keith and I don't always go as often as we wish.  It's even harder now that we live farther away.  We have to find someone willing to watch the kids for almost 4 hours.  It's a lot to ask.  I can't wait till our Phoenix temple is done, then we can go more often.  The girls just loved looking at it.  I hope that someday we can all go inside together


No comments: