Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Another January Gone

Well, I found out I was pregnant early January...and that's pretty much all that happened.  The rest of the month just felt like one nonstop flu.  I don't really do pregnancy super great.  The past two I spent 17-18 weeks of nonstop morning sickness.  The only change this time was that I still had my headaches.  That was my one saving grace with the girls; my headaches stopped when I was pregnant.  Not this time!  I still had them regularly (which is usually 1-3 a month that last at least 2-3 days).  Migraine headaches on top of morning sickness made for a not so great month for me.  I went to see my chiropractor to see if that would offer some relief.  He said that usually pregnancy hormones level all abnormal levels out, but sometimes it takes a while to level out.  That is why I usually don't get them pregnant.  He asked if I'd ever been tested for thyroid or low blood sugar levels.  I haven't.  He suggested when I'm not longer pregnant and nursing that I get that tested to see if that's the cause of some of my migraines.  Sadly, he said I'm probably just one of those people who will just always have headaches and that there is no miracle cure.

I had hopes of starting a preschool out of the house starting in January.  I tried to advertise, but to no avail.  I didn't have any interest.  I didn't do a great job of advertising and I feel I just don't know enough people yet out here to really constitute much interest.  I was a tad disappointed, but it turned out better since I was so sick anyway.  I did really want to try out the lesson plans I'd made and still try to give my kids attention (between the nausea and headaches I spent a great deal of time in bed or on the couch).  The goal was Tuesday and Wednesdays.  We did pretty well for a while actually.  It was the only thing I felt I could do.  We start off with the Pledge and a prayer.  Then did calendar and nursery rhymes.  Then we worked on counting and ABCs.  The girls did it together.  Rue actually caught on and was quite good and going through the motions with us.  Ada LOVED it and every day asked if it was school time.  She was so funny about separating me as teacher and as mom.  When we would start or end she would ask me "Are you teacher or mommy now?"  It really gives me hope of maybe homeschooling.  Don't want to get into that right now, but it's been on my mind a lot.  I'd love to homeschool, but I'm SO awful at being pregnant I worry if we try to have more kids while we are "in school" I wouldn't be able to handle both.

I had signed up to start subbing at the charter school around the corner from my house.  It is a traditional school and I was wanting to find out more about it as an option for Ada possibly.  I filled out all the paperwork and was ready to start in December, but didn't actually get me first "job" till January.  I had a situation set up with one of my friends that if I did get a sub job she would take my kids and I would pay her a bit.  It worked out well as we were both looking to make a little extra.  Some days were harder than others depending on how I was feeling.  I found that peppermint oil helped out a bit with the nausea.  The kids at that school probably think I'm a human candy cane, but hey I survived the days.

Overall, a very trying month for me.  Ada is 4 now and really pushing her bounds and trying to be independent.  We are getting a good glimpse of what life will be like with her as a teen and I'm not super excited.  I feel like January is always a hard month with her.  She is a new age and trying to figure herself out and I struggle to know how to help or deal with her.  Basically, not my favorite month the past few years.  We did celebrate Keith's ONE year of working though.  That makes me happy.  So grateful for his job and for the blessings we have received of the past years.  Even though it has been a very challenging month, I feel loved and am grateful for the blessings I have in my life.

No comments: