Wednesday, July 23, 2014

7 years

Keith and I celebrated our 7th anniversary on June 2nd.  It was on a Monday so we couldn't really celebrate it or anything on the day.  We had set up plans with his mom to watch the kids on the weekend.  On the actual day we had dinner with Grandma Broderick and helped her pick apples.  She was getting ready to go on a trip and was having some phone problems.  I took her down to the store to work on getting it fixed while Keith picked apples and took the kids swimming.  We had wanted to rent a cabin or something from someone, but didn't have luck finding one.  Instead we got a Groupon for a mystery dinner theater.  We'd asked Keith's parents if the kids could stay the night as the show didn't get out until after 10pm.  We haven't had the kids sleep the night at their house since....I think Ada was just over a year.  They ended up having the twins as well.  It was a little stressful for me to leave them as I didn't want it to be overwhelming for them with so many.  We debated just picking them up or finding somewhere else to have them go.  We didn't have luck finding somewhere else for them to stay (my parents were out of town).  So, we just crossed our fingers the kids would be ok and be good for their grandparents.  We dropped the kids off around 5:30.  We came back to the house and did our little gift exchange.  I've always wanted to have a nice perfume, but I can't smell.  I've never bought perfume because I can't tell if it is nice and didn't want to get something Keith didn't like.  Keith and I a month or so ago had taken the kids to the mall and he so sweetly walked around all the perfume counters in Dillards and decided on one he liked.  He says it makes him think of Christmas.  Not really sure what that means, but he really did like it.  He then went online and found it much cheaper.  So he got me that (it's such a fun bottle).  We usually get matching shirts too that we wear on our date.  Silly I know, but he has fun picking them out.  Our gift buying for him works with him picking what he wants and he either orders it and tells me to watch for it, or he sends me the link to the exact thing he wants and I finish the purchase.  It's worked for us the past several years.  That way I know he gets what he wants.
 I also ordered myself a cheap little copper ring.  7 is suppose to be the copper and wool year.  I haven't been able to wear my wedding ring the past few weeks as it is massively hot and my fingers are starting to swell.  I HATE not wearing a ring, but I have an allergy to metal.  Unless it is gold I break out in a rash (earrings, necklaces, bracelets, rings).  I can wear plastic though.  For the past few weeks I've been wearing a blue plastic ring.  I thought I'd give the copper ring a try and see if it gave me a rash.
The dinner theater was at a hotel in Scottsdale.  We got signed in.  Keith was named "Jacob Sladder" and I was "Barbara Seville".  We weren't really sure what to expect.  To be perfectly honest, it was ok not great.  We had a good time, but it seemed a little disconnected and the audience wasn't involved hardly at all.  The end/final reveal was weird and confusing.  Food was ok.  But, it was something that we've never done and it was new.  We like doing new things together.  We had fun and now we have done that.  We stopped by Krispy Kream on the way home as it was fee doughnut day and got a doughnut.  By the time we got home we were so tired we just went to bed.  We are so old and pathetic. I know we should have taken advantage of our ONE morning not having kids, but instead of doing something romantic or fun we agreed we'd rather finish up our last project in the yard together while we didn't have kids distracting us or getting into trouble.  Boring I know, but it was nice for us to be able to get things done.  Keith's parents brought the kids back around lunch time.  Everything had gone ok.  They said Rue didn't sleep super well.  Which is weird, she is really a good sleeper.  Felt bad she had kept them up.  Overall everything had turned out ok and we really appreciated them being willing to take them even though they had the twins.  
It seems so weird that we've been married 7 years.  It sounds like such a little number.  I don't really remember life before.  We've always been together.  We have our differences, but we also have many things in common.  I love that he tries new things with me.  That we like doing things and having adventures.  We work hard together and enjoy doing things together.  I love that he does craft projects with me and encourages me to do things with my sisters and friends.  He is very supportive and I love that he works so hard at his job to provide and be successful in all he does.  I'm glad that we have two and a half kids together.  He's my best friend and I love being around him.  Here's to many more years to come!

No comments: