Friday, April 18, 2014

Ouch!!

On Monday before Christmas was suppose to be the Broderick family Christmas party.  This was our first day with Keith home from work.  He was outside working on the yard so I decided to make granola so we would have something healthy to eat for breakfast over the next few weeks.  We have some dried mangos that I usually cut up into the granola.  I had everything together except the mangos. I started cutting, but used the wrong knife.  It wasn't cutting and I was having to kind of saw at it...well it slipped and I sliced off the tip.  Yep...it HURT!!  I grabbed it and went outside to get Keith (he was working on staining our headboard).  It BURNED to run under water.  Keith got all the medical stuff out.  When he had nipped off the tip of his thumb we had gone to the emergency room only to have them tell us to bandage it and keep it clean.  We decided to avoid the yucky wait at emergency room and just clean it ourselves.  It wasn't fun, but made it through the cleaning and then bandaging.  bleh!  I felt awful so I just sat on the couch with it elevated for a bit.

Sadly, I did have to go back and finish my granola.  But, no more mango was added.  The pictures don't do it justice.  It was pretty nasty.  I just got a bit of the nail.  It hurt a lot and I finally gave in and took some tylenol.  After nap time we had to get ready for the Broderick Christmas party.  I felt rather silly with this giant finger bandage, but it had to be protected.  Any bump was excruciating! Of course this would happen amongst the chaos of December.  Oh well.  As long as I kept it bandaged it was ok. The Broderick party was fun.  It's always nice to see family.

No comments: