Wednesday, March 12, 2014

First Week of December

And so it begins.  December is such a crazy blizzard of a month.  It actually got a little cool and we enjoyed bundling up.  We had a play date with Brittany.  The kids have been getting along and we have enjoyed spending time together.  Rue is LOVING dress up...which usually means she just puts on as many skirts as she can find.  This one made me laugh.  She is just so silly!

I had funny decorating and setting up my mantle again.  I love making it festive in our house.  I LOVE that I actually have a mantle to hang my stockings from.  So cute! It's exciting to think this will be our first Christmas in OUR house!  I'm so lucky!

We went to the zoo with a few old friends from our Mesa ward.  I truly miss the Ray family!  Our kids got along so well and I just enjoyed the company.  I still remember sitting in our little condo with Ada and her daughter playing and we shared with each other we were pregnant with our second.  We hadn't told anyone yet (besides family) and it was so fun to share.  Great family and I miss seeing them regularly.  We were lucky to get the morning to share with them at the zoo.

On December 10th I threw a shower for Brittany.  She is expecting her first boy and I'm so excited for her.  It was a chill night (minus the fact that I had started that day and was having some Serious cramping).  We had fudge, cookies, blueberry water, veggies and such.  The only game was the playdough baby.  Each person got a blob of play dough and had to make Britt's baby.  Then Britt voted for the best one.  Her sister in law won.  It was cute!  A bit of a crazy day, but I hope she had a great time.  She is one of my best friends of all times. We have known each other since I was 4 or 5 years old.  We went to Kindergarten together and High School (I was homeschooled through most of the other years).  We have always been in contact and always been friends.  It's one of my favorite parts of being here in Phoenix.  I now live 7 minutes away from her and we do so much together.  I just love her and am so grateful she is part of my life!

Our ward had their Christmas party.  Rue, obviously, had no problems sitting with Santa...Ada..well of course not.  We had tried to prep Ada and get her excited about it.  She talks about Santa all the time and it's been fun.  But, as soon as it was our turn to go up..nope.  Poor kiddo.  She is so afraid of everything.  maybe next year.
We had music class on Friday.  There is a lady that use to live in the stake who taught music/singing classes.  She has moved out of the stake, but she continues to come every other Friday and teach (free) classes at the church.  Ada loves to go and is getting much more comfortable.  This was the Christmas songs one so we brought our friend with us.  Ada was excited to share with her friend and they both had a great time.  So glad to be making new friends.  It's hard to be in a new area, but we are getting to know wonderful people in our area and I'm so grateful to be making friends.


No comments: