Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Enjoying the yard..and weather

The weather is finally cooling off enough and our grass is filling in nicely.  We still have WAY more dirt than I'd like to have in the yard, however, I LOVE my grass patch and we are trying to make the best of what we have.  The dirt is a bit frustrating.  I'm hesitant to have play dates in our yard because then kids just get dirty; or there are tools out.  We've talked about finding someone to pave the top portion over, but when?  Keith is suppose to get a bonus for Christmas and he said we will use that to finish up the backyard.  We are trying to make the best of it, but there is still SO much to do sometimes I feel very discouraged.  Don't get me wrong though, I'm still VERY grateful for what we do have.  I did get a little garden planted and we are getting radishes out of it.  Nothing else seems to be producing or even growing much.  Oh well, it's the first time.

This was on a Sunday evening.  I was sitting outside on the grass and the kids were playing with balls.  Keith got a call to go give a blessing.  He came out to give kisses when he left, but sadly locked the door (habit) when he went in.  We were locked outside for about an hour and a half.  Oh well, at least it wasn't summer and at least we had some grass to sit on.

Here is how our yard is looking.  The grass took a few months to really fill in.  It's so soft and fresh feeling I love it!
It really is so much easier to eat inside at a table, but I'm trying to find fun things to do with the girls.  I'm also trying to make them be outside since the weather is only bearable for a few months.  We've had dinner outside a few times and lunch a few times.  I think when we get ride of the dirt and can get a table outside I may be even more inclined to eat out doors.  I know I love being outside!


No comments: