Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pirate Day = Doughnuts

The day started off...bad!  So how can you fix a bad day?  DOUGHNUTS!  Just one of those days that  my kids and I can't seem to get on the same page.  Just felt frustrated and honestly not motivated to do anything special.  That's when it's needed most right?  I'd seen on facebook all these people posting pictures of dressing up and going the Krispy Kream Doughnuts.  I guess if you dress up on Pirate Day and go in they give you a free dozen glazed doughnuts.

In desperation to redeem our floundering day I dressed the girls up.  I texted Keith and told him to just meet us there from work.  Ada was pretty excited about dressing up.
We got there and there were quite a few people there (tons).  We lucked out and when we got to the front they only had one more dozen left in the store.  They gave us one dozen and a coupon for another free dozen another time.  They had to pass out these coupons to everyone else since they were out.  At least we somehow managed to get the last dozen.  It was a fun treat and the kids had a great time.  I'm grateful for crazy little moments like this that can save an awful day.  Thank you Krispy Kream for being so cool!

No comments: