Monday, January 27, 2014

Rowse Reunion Part 2

Sunday we all woke up at Service house and quickly got ready.  We headed to the church for Kevin's homecoming.  The men all sang "Scatter Sunshine" with the last verse in Spanish.  Ellie accompanied them.  Kevin gave a wonderful homecoming talk.  It's so weird to see and hear him all grown up.  He sounded to mature and experienced.  We came back to the house after church for a huge family lunch.  The the family missionaries were given stations.  All those who served in Mexico (Dave, Keith and Andy) were one station and each shared their experiences.  Asian missions (Phillip and Julie) shared in one room.  England and State side (Troy, James and Tyler) shared in the other room.  It was really cool to learn about all my brothers in law and their missions.  After that was over we gathered for Kevin to share about his mission.  I'm so proud of him.  He has a testimony, he is dedicated and he loves the people he served.


Monday was a more relaxed day. Keith was at work so we just hung out at the house and played games and let the kids play.  In the afternoon/evening mom and dad had a friend get us in to the Val Vista Lakes pool.  I've never been there so that was cool.  They have a pool that is sandy going in and then turns into a pool.  The kids LOVED playing on the sand.  It was actually a bit overcast and stormy looking, but still fun.  I was a little distracted with little kids so I didn't really get to play in the pool with everyone.  Oh well, still fun.

We had pulled pork sandwiches, salad and chips for dinner.  It was such a fun evening.  That was the "end" of our official reunion, however we continued to get together off and on the rest of the week while the Hansens were in town.

(on a side note our appraisal went through and it looks like everything with our "house" is coming together.  We went over for the appraisal.  I was very nervous going over and wondering if I'd still like the house.  I did...I love it!!  I'm already getting excited about how I want to decorate.

No comments: