Tuesday, January 28, 2014


We moved Saturday August 17th.  We had arranged to do it that weekend because Grandma was going to be gone.  We didn't want her to have to deal with the stress and mess of moving.  Friday night Keith and I gathered everything (including our bed) and put it in the front room.  We slept on our mattress in the living room.  We got a call from Diane and John that they were headed over around 6am.  We quickly got up and got ready for the day.  They showed up just before 6:45am.  They brought their huge giant enclosed trailer and we got to work packing up the garage.  We felt bad, we had told people in the ward to come around 8am.  But, with the fear of it getting hot Diane had come early.  We just got busy.  Even sweet Ada helped out!

It turned out to be fabulous having them come early.  Honestly, don't know what we would have done without them.  Their younger kids took Ada and Rue and just played and cared for them.  I didn't even have to worry about them; it was such a relief.  Around 8am Keith and John headed over to the new house.  We were replacing the arcadia doors.  Apparently they had been installed upside down and inside out.  You could even pop them out without much effort.  John and Keith met up with a friend, Kevin, from the Royal Palm ward who was helping us put in the new french doors.  I was in charge of running the move while Keith handled the doors.
Jason took a group of scouts and members in our new ward, Shaw Butte, and when to Keith's parent's house to load up all our food storage saved there.  We got pretty much everything loaded by 9 and headed to the new house.  Royal Palm friends met up with us and helped unload.  (I felt so loved, this was the MOST amount of help we have had moving since we got married and we've moved three other times)  It took maybe two hours and all was in the house.  Granted, the house was a complete disaster.  Every room looked like this (above) and was just stacked with boxes.  Sherry and Diane helped me get most of the kitchen unpacked so we could at least function then they (Diane and kids) headed home.  Dad, Kevin, and Sherry hung around a little bit longer and helped get beds set up.  John and Kevin (friend) finished up installing the door.  There wasn't time to do the molding, but that's ok.  They are in and look great!
A few days in (and still living very much in disaster) we had AC guys came to work on things.  Our intake was too small and we were getting the proper circulation to the East side of the house.  They put in more duct work and the new intake in our room.  The girls thought the giant silver tubes were hilarious.  The house was really quite overwhelming to me and with two crazy monkeys I really didn't have a ton of time to get things done.  My goal was usually 3 boxes a day.  It was a tad depressing, but had to deal with it.  It made a great place for playing hide and go seek, which is what we did on a daily basis.

No comments: