Wednesday, April 10, 2013

the BIG ONE!!!

(i saw this somewhere and really wanted to get a picture of Rue on her blanket each month.  I didn't quite get every month, but not bad.  I love to see her grow)

My sweet little tiny Rue has officially turned ONE.  I know it's cliche to say, "but where did my baby go!"  Rue is my sweet tender lovings!  She lets me hug and snuggle with her.  She still has me rock her to sleep which I still love (its quite time with just her).  She says mom and dad.  Boy does she get excited and say dad over and over when he gets home.  She has been standing for months, but actually started walking the week of her birthday.  She still only has two teeth on bottom and her vampire teeth.  She loves food and is a very good eater usually.  She still has adorable little bird legs and looks tiny.  LaRue LOVES to climb and do "dangerous" things.  She climbs on the couch and basically anything.  We have to be careful with stairs because she climbs up but then dives down.  She has the cutest dances and during church she "sings" the hymns with us.  She can wave and nods/shakes her head when you ask her a question.  I love that she is starting to really understand things now and I can almost talk to her for real.
 I made sheep cupcakes for her birthday.  Lemon cake with lemon butter cream frosting.  The face is fondant.  She sucked the frosting off the cake before even getting to the cake itself.  It was pretty funny, and noisy (slurping). 
 I LOVE her cute face!!!  She has so much personality.  I can tell already she is going to be a tease.
 Her standing skills.  I love her chicken legs
 This poor girl has struggled this winter with ear infections.  She had one in October (found it at her doc appointment then).  Then she had double ear infections in January and then a week before her birthday she had the same symptoms.  SO SAD! can't have my baby sick on her birthday.  I called my friend who is a PA and she took a look for me.  Luckily, I was able to get her on antibiotics and she was much better by her birthday.  Poor kids!  I hope this isn't a sign of future issues with ear infections. 
 Her ONE year stats:
Weight - 16 lbs 6.5 oz
Length - 28 1/2 inches
Head - 17 1/2 inches
I love my little bug!  She is a joy and special part of my heart.  I love every bit of her and she makes me so happy.

No comments: