Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Thanksgiving

We celebrated Thanksgiving this year with my family.  We trade Thanksgiving and Christmas between the two families.  I was VERY excited about the day.  Sadly the night before felt a headache coming on.  I was hoping I could sleep it off...no such luck.  I woke ups SO miserable and hurting.  Keith was wonderful and got girls ready and let me sleep extra and take a quiet shower.  I loaded up on Tylenol and took it slow.  Thanksgiving was happening at Teresa's house in Queen Creek.  We were hoping to leave by 8:30 or 9.  We didn't leave until after 9 and that was shocking.  We got out to the car only to find the tread on the car was falling off.  We had to go slow and be careful.  We avoided freeways where possible so that we didn't blow a tire.  I was shockingly feeling quite a bit better (SHOCK because my headaches generally last 3-4 days).  Headache and all...we were still the first ones there.  I got started right away working on Keith's creamed onions.  Mom, dad, Sherry and Troy showed up a little after and we got food situated.  When my onions were done we headed to the park. 
At the park Sherry had a few games planned.  I was sad I had to feed Rue and missed out on the relay.  They were suppose to put the balloon between their legs and run around the tree.  Everyone did great...hahaha except Ada.  When it was her turn she took the balloon and high tailed it WAY off far far away.  It was really funny, but it did cost her team the win.  Oh well!  Then we had our traditional massive Frisbee throw down.  My parents have a bag of like 30 Frisbees.  We get in a huge circle and just let them fly.  Sadly both little girls got nailed and so they steered clear and played on the playground.  At 12 we headed back to put on the grand feast before Tyler needed to get to work (he is a police officer).
 Here is everyone playing Sherry's balloon relay.
 Top right..there starts Ada's run off.  Bottom left...can you spot her off in Egypt.  Bottom Right you can barely see her start to come back.
 Park Fun!
 Let the frisbe chaos begin


Dinner was FANTASTIC!  Food is so delicious and it is even better when enjoyed with family.  We just sat around and chatted.  I love doing that!  All kinds of topics just a free for all.  Just relaxing.  We did finally get our lazy, stuffed selves up and cleaned up.  Then just basically laid around and chatted or napped most of the rest of the afternoon.  We then took some pie to people in Teresa's ward that were old or alone.  Then colored pictures for military service men.  We enjoyed pies and more chatting then did a final clean up.  Once the house was cleaned up we headed home.  My headache was starting to creep back in so we went to bed fairly early (I took tylenol pm to insure some rest)

 The little ones got to eat outside together
 The family sat together with the teen-ish kids in the kitchen.  The tiny ones just roamed around
I love Thanksgiving.  I have so much to be thankful for.  I have a wonderful family.  I have the gospel in my life.  I have a wonderful husband who takes care of me and love me.  I have two beautiful daughters.  We have a home, car, food, clothing and so many luxuries that some don't have.  I truly am blessed and I know my Heavenly Father is looking out for me!  I am grateful for my life and everything and everyone in it!

No comments: