Monday, November 19, 2012

State Fair

Keith's parents invited us to go to the State Fair with them on the 20th.  We met them at the entrance and since it was early we got in for $2 and Ada and Rue were free.  We weren't there for the rides, just the animals and such.  We went and saw all the chickens and birds first.  Ada liked that.  She got a cow eraser and coloring book.  We went and saw the cows, pigs, sheep and a few goats (they had coats on and Ada thought that was so funny).  Then we went to the petting zoo.  Grandma even got a cone of food.  Ada was super interested for a while, but ended up being a chicken and had to have me help.  Those animals were very excited by the food.  It was really fun!  The Llama was incredibly soft...seriously!



After the very entertaining petting zoo we headed over to see the crafts.  I had to nurse LaRue so I found a quiet corner and settled down.  The others walked around and saw things.  I could only see from my one spot, but boy the quilts were AMAZING!  I love to see the crafts because I feel like I have a better understanding of what they require.  I also saw some ladies tatting.  I was very excited because my grandma taught me that and I knew what they were doing.  I chatted for a few minutes with one of the ladies there tatting.  We also went and saw the flower arrangements because my grandma also use to submit flower arrangements to the state fairs in Utah. 

After we had our fill of looking around Keith's parents wanted to sample some fair food.  They were gracious enough to let us have a taste before we had to head back to get kids down for a nap.  It was truly a delightful morning and I'm so glad we were able to go with Keith's parents!

No comments: