Monday, August 6, 2012

4th of July

Sorry in advance for the onslaught of pictures.  My kiddos just look so cute I can't help it. 

The week that Keith was in Santa Barbara I decided to bag keeping up with house work and had fun making outfits for my girls.  I made them these shirts to celebrate the 4th.

The 4th is actually one of my very favorite holidays.  I have many fond memories of 4ths growing up.  They usually consisted of always decorating our bikes; going for a bike ride as a family first thing.  I loved my flag and crepe paper decorated bike!  We would come home and watch Johnny Tremain (if you don't know what that is go RIGHT NOW and find out!).  I love this book and the movie is good too.  Then we would have a few families in the ward (almost always including the Bushman family because most kids matched up age wise with their kids) come over for a BBQ and Swim.  We almost always had homemade ice cream and then would go watch fireworks (while eating fireballs).  My parents have always instilled strong patriotic pride in us.  I have a love and passion for my country and it's history.  I am so grateful to live in this wonderful country.  So many miracles in history.  I am proud to be an American!!!







No comments: