Monday, January 30, 2012

Ada's quilt

I am working to getting Ada ready to transition to a real bed (not yet, she doesn't climb out of her crib...so we will wait a while). I decided I wanted to start getting her ready to having blankets and a pillow and sleeping in a "made" bed. Keith and I went to JoAnn's together and picked out the material. I always take Keith on such endeavors. He is far better at matching and coloring schemes. I searched online to find a pattern (because I'm too cheap to buy one after buying all that fabric). Luckily Keith bought me a fabulous rotary cutter and the cutting went smooth as butter! I have not made a quilt by myself before and really wanted to prove to myself I could. Shockingly it turned out fairly well. I love it, I love the colors, I love the pattern!! It was also a task in which I hoped would help distract me through January of being huge-o pregnant. I'm very pleased with how it turned out! Ada loves it too!

p.s. this is Ada's new favorite shirt. She lOVES Tangled and sadly when prego-ness is more than I can handle that is the only movie Ada watches (don't judge me, I don't let her watch very often) However, she now loves Tangled. This is her "princess" shirt and she wants to wear it every day. Cracks me up!


3 comments:

Erin said...

It is so cute! It cracks me up that Keith helps! Matt has never been in a fabric store with me! What a nice guys. The crib to bed transition went more smoothly than I thought- hopefully yours does too. Excited for you little one to come!

Nichole said...

The quilt looks awesome!!! Can't wait to meet your little one. Matthew loves Tangled, too. Oh if you only knew how much time my kids spent in front of the TV. We try, we really really try... But they still watch more than they should.

MissKris said...

Tangled is Averie's most favorite too. She just informed me today that she wants a Tangled birthday party :)