Sunday, July 31, 2011

Girl's Camp!

Well, we got home from our 5 day adventure in the woods and four days later I headed to Girl's Camp with my ward. I was a cabin mom and very excited. Last year I had just been put in and didn't know any of the girls. I was still nursing so I was only there for two days. I missed out on things and didn't get to connect with the girls as much. This year I was going for the full 5 days (yes, 5 days again of "camping"). I hadn't quite recovered totally from our other trip, but still excited. I drove up in our van with the president and another cabin mom. We had a great time together. Overall, camp was a wonderful experience. Obviously we are "camping" with a bunch of girls in small quarters so there was a bit of drama, but all around it was wonderful. I was able to get to know the girls so much better. I gained new relationships with them and even was able to grow myself. I had to call home a few times because I honestly missed my two loves SO much. I can't even begin to express how excited I was to come home to them. I may have even shed a few tears when I finally got home. I love my family! Keith was a wonderfully daddy to take care of Ada all by himself while I was gone. Ada and him have been close ever since and I'm so pleased!

1 comment:

The Cutest Allens Ever! said...

So jealous that you got to go to girls camp! Sounds like you had some good fun! Do you remember my last year? When we went to that resort in casa grand? The gillian island thing, and secret sisters!? O fun memories!;];]