Sunday, June 5, 2011

Easter...just a little late

Well, Easter was fantastic! I'm terrible at keeping up on things obviously. The Saturday before Easter my mom's side of the family always gets together for an Easter egg hunt. Ada isn't really there yet, but we still went. They had a "little kids" area designated so Ada had a chance. She and her cousin Kenna actually were successful and it was cute to watch. Even Sherry got to find a few eggs. We had a great time at the party and even had a great time chatting with my cousin Andrew's kids (who are in high school). It's great to have family!


They had some play cars in the back. Ada and Kenna tried hard to share the car for a while. It didn't last long, but super cute while it lasted!


Our Easter Sunday morning was nice. We looked so cute together, even though our color was pink this year. Not a huge pink person, but we were going off of what I already had been given for Ada. I made a pink skirt and Keith had a pink tie. So it worked out. We went to my family's house for dinner. We didn't get a great picture of all of us together..oh well. I love this holiday obviously because of what it represents, but also because I looked forward to it as a child. We never really did "easter baskets" or tons of toys and candy. Every year we got a new Sunday outfit and I always felt so new and special on Easter Sunday. I wish this holiday wasn't so commercialized. I'm so glad I had parents that taught me the true meaning of Easter.






No comments: