Tuesday, February 9, 2010

New Job

So, this is just to let those of you who may not know, I did quit my job. I have been teaching (1st, 3rd, and 4th grades) at Settler's Point Elementary in Gilbert for the past almost 4 years. It definitely had it's good and bad moments, but I did love teaching. The class that I had this year was actually a group of kids that I have had several times. I had some of them when I taught 1st, then I moved to 4th while they were in 2nd grade. Then we met up again in 3rd grade and I looped up with them to 4th grade. So, needless to say I have been very close to this particular bunch of kids. It basically came down to having to leave Ada with someone else for 9-10 hours a day and then picking her up. Sadly, teaching doesn't end when you get home because then you grade. We decided that would be too much for our little family to deal with. Plus, my mom is getting back into substitute teaching so she couldn't help us every day and I really didn't want to take Ada to a day care. Plus, I didn't want someone else to know more about my baby than me (yep..pride was a part of it!) We decided the week school started back up. I went and talked to my principal (and cried, so embarrassing). I did have to go back to work for one week and it was so hard. So many mixed emotions. I love my students and they were my kids when I didn't have any. It was very hard to say good-bye to them and I have shed many tears over it. But, I truly don't regret it. Deciding to be home with my daughter and raise her is the best decision. I get to watch her grow and teach her new things. My life is still very busy, but I am definitely not as stressed out as when I taught. I love teaching and may go back to it someday, but for now...I'm content to just be a mom.
Oh, I am doing odds and end jobs to try and keep us afloat financially. I have applied to several tutoring places and am trying to get tutoring jobs after school or even on Saturdays. I've had a few tutoring/teaching opportunities with this one company and it has helped to fill that place in my heart that loves teaching. We have been very blessed in this decision and I appreciate so much the words of comfort and support that I have been given. It was a very hard decision for me (and I'm glad it's over)! Good-bye (public school) teaching . . . hello motherhood!

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

I am very happy for you that you will have the opportunity to stay home with Ada. Sometimes it is not as rewarding as a paying job, but most times it is so much more.