Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Ada's Blessing

(wow three posts in one day)

Ada was blessed on Sunday February 7th in the Stewart Ward. We were so blessed to have family and friends from both sides attend. It started as a rather challenging day. I work up with my migraine/headache plague. Usually these make me very sensitive to noise, lights and usually make me nauseous. All of which decided to be apart of our morning. Luckily our church doesn't start until 12:20, because I was throwing up and hiding in my dark room all morning. I was so disappointed because I had all these preconceived ideas of how I wanted that day to go. Keith gave me a blessing and I laid down for 15 minutes. It was still a struggle to get ready and even to get to church on time. Thank you family that helped! Church was wonderful and it was so fun to have so many of my family members there; and even one of my wonderful work friends came (thanks Shawna!). There happened to be two other babies being blessed and a confirmation. Keith was first to bless Ada and it was beautiful. He is a wonderful dad! I love that he focused the blessing on Ada having a testimony and building a relationship with her Savior. It was just wonderful! I was very pleased and happy with how the day went. After we had a light tostada dinner at the ramada behind the church. It was a bit chilly, but otherwise everything went well. What started as a rough day ended up being just as beautiful as I hoped. I love my little Ada Elisabeth!
Family Forever and For Always!
(such a wonderful thought!)
Smiling so cute!
My mom made the dress for her, but Keith and I designed it.
she is just so dang cute!
(I made the headband...it kind of turned out like I wanted)

4 comments:

Packer Family said...

If you and Ada were any prettier I'd scream! Seriously you guys are adorable! Glad to here things are going well!

Missy said...

I'm sorry it started off as a crumby morning! Baby blessings are so wonderful.
I love the custom made dress!

Nichole Christensen said...

Ada is so animated. I love it! Her eyes tell a story in EVERY picture.

Christie said...

Hey! You have a blog! How fun.

Ada is so cute! I love the dress. It's beautiful. I'm so glad everything went well with her blessing, but so sorry you had a migraine. That's no fun.