Thursday, October 8, 2009

My Class' Surprise

Well, I have to admit, teaching has been very challenging this year - physically and emotionally. I have always tried hard and I do love teaching (I mostly struggle with the politics)! It has been hard to feel hindered this year like I can't do everything I want to. I have 31 fourth graders and I have to admit this is probably my most challenging group. I have had many up and down days. I was rather worried parents will be skeptical of my abilities because I'm pregnant. I've been a bit discouraged with the whole being dizzy still and having problems with that, but haven't passed out any more. Well, one of my kids that I had last year (I looped with about 10 of my kids from last year) did the most amazing thing. His parents are both wonderful and supportive. Dad and mom are super and always supportive and both involved (in a good way). They decided to throw a surprise baby party/shower with my class. They made invitations and had their son pass them out to all the students. I honestly had no idea what was going on. I was a bit suspicious a few times that something was up, but didn't really know. Well, these two wonderful parents contacted another member of my team, planned it and pulled off the sweetest class party. I had recess duty on Tuesday this week so they came while I was outside and set up the classroom. They had a beautiful cake (even if it was pink), signs, snacks and even baby music playing in the background. They had everything planned and it was wonderful. Both this mom and dad were there and just ran everything, including monitoring the kids. Three other moms showed up to help, but I was so grateful and truly appreciated the kind act of this one boy's parents. The kids were so sweet and just loved sharing. It was a wonderful day that helped me remember why I do what I do.


They were all so excited for me to see what they brought. Cute!
The mom who threw this MADE this blanket for me. Wow!

6 comments:

Packer Family said...

How Sweet!!! I love it! and 31 kids!!!!!! People always ask me how I will home school all of my kids...I'm really happy I don't have 31 kiddos:)

Missy said...

That's so fun! How sweet of them to surprise you like that:)

Erin said...

That is so great! I bet that's way more boys than are typically at a baby shower!

Michelle said...

Awww! How fun and sweet... Gotta love the students/parents that make all the garbage you deal with worth it!

Rob and Kimmie said...

You deserve a fun shower from your class! I'm glad they did that for you! That's really nice!

Melody said...

what a nice surprise!! You deserve it!