Monday, September 21, 2009

Rough Day

So, I'm in need of some advice and I am not sure who would be able to help. I don't know if anyone even reads this, but if you have been prego or know someone who has...HELP!

So, I passed out again today at work. It was about 5-10 minutes before school started. I got very nauseous (not new). I sat down in my chair with my trusty garbage can in hand. I remember thinking it was coming and then waking up TOTALLY confused and not able to figure out where I was. I did manage to throw up in the garbage can before passing out...however, I don't remember. This is the second time it's happened at work. Last time I just had a few little rug burns. Sadly, the rug burns were quite a bit worse this time and I even managed to chip my tooth (luckily it was one closer to the back). I called my doctor to see if it was an iron issue. I did my glucose test a week ago. The doctor checked it and said it didn't show iron issues. The nurse person said that fainting is common for pregnant women. That may be the case, but I need assistance in ways or ideas of how to prevent it. I can handle rug burns but I can't handle $50 repairs to my teeth or possibly injuring my baby. I'm rather scared and frustrated. Any suggestions are welcome.
(P.S. I'm feeling ok now, just a bit emotional)

6 comments:

Nichole Christensen said...

Marjie that is so crappy!!! I know this probably sounds like common sense, but are you eating enough? That's the only thing I can think of that would make you pass out. That and fluids. Maybe try drinking a gatorade every day before work to see if that helps? I hope it gets better soon!

Rob and Kimmie said...

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry for you! I don't have any advice cause I was so fortunate not to get sick, but I feel terrible for you! I will ask some nurses I know if there are any remedies. Hang in there! Oh, and your little girl's room is ADORABLE! I love the name Ada, beautiful!

Missy said...

I asked a CPM (certified professional midwife)I know and she said the following:
She needs to increase her fluids and make sure her blood sugar doesn't ever get low. She should always be snacking if she can.

She also mentioned that if you have a bad fall that you should be evalutated by your Dr. to make sure it hasn't caused any issues with the baby etc. Just as a precaution.

I hope things get better for you!!!!

Julie Rowse said...

Marj, you seriously need to be eating and drinking more (esp. juice)! I'll have to ask the almost doctor if he has any other advice.

Teresa and Tyler Service said...

I can't relate becuase I didn't have anything like that happen to me but my 2 cents would be if you start to feel the nausea/passing out feeling lay down on the ground. That way you don't fall and hurt you or the baby. Of course I don't know if there is time to do that. :) Cheer up only a few more months to go

Liz said...

Marjie-
It is possible that when you are vomitting, you might be having a vagal manuver that might cause you to pass out. Also, if you are having lots of nausea with vomitting, your electrolytes might need to be checked. Teresa is right on about laying down on the ground if you feel it coming on. The next time it happens, it might not be a bad idea to go to LD triage at your hospital to be evaluated.
Liz's Mom, Dianna