Saturday, September 19, 2009

Ada's Room



Keith and I are still working on our little girl's room, but it is coming along. We just finished the letters last week and got them up. We did the polka dot walls and stripes during the summer. I'm not a huge busy print person; I like things very simple and I really like solids. I really didn't know how to decorate for a girl (we had our ideas planned for a boy). The polk dots and stripes are easy because it is simple and not hard to match patterns. It turned out awesome (I think) and I really do like polka dots alot. So, here is the beginning of Ada's room. I made the bumper for the crib and the polka dots and stripes are fabric. My wonderful sister Andrea gave me the idea. You cut out fabric and then when you spray it with starch (like for ironing) it sticks to the wall without leaving a mark. Since we are renting we didn't want to paint, and this just peels off with not effects on the wall or paint. I'm so excited. We are having fun and are both very excited for her. Still nervous, but very excited!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Looks great! Thanks for sharing the pictures. I love decorating baby rooms! It was so fun to see you the other day.

Tatum said...

Hi, you probably don't remember me. We played flute together with Mrs. Mac a LONG time ago. Anyway, Congrats on your baby! That is way exciting. I found your blog throught my friend Melody Weakland. Good Luck with baby stuff and your new doctor!

Tatum