Friday, August 28, 2009

Three Weeks Update

I DID IT!!!! I'm so relieved and excited! I managed to finish my master's program this summer. I got my degree from NAU in Elementary Education with my Reading Endorsement. It was a lot of work and sometimes a bit overwhelming, but I'm so glad. This has been one of my goals in life. Keith has always been very supportive and helped me whenever possible. It made life rather hectic and consuming, but I am so glad I did it and before we have kids that need my attention. Thank you Keith for your support. Thank you to my parents and family who supported and encouraged me. I received my diploma in the mail today. It's official; I have the very expensive paper to prove it. Now to get it framed! (= My technical graduation ceremony is December 11th. Sadly, I probably won't make it as I am due two weeks before that. Even if I have my little girl on my due date I'm pretty sure I'm not going to want to sit on bleachers in the Sky Dome for several hours. Sad, I really wanted to walk. Oh well, I DID IT!!!!


School has started, and yep life is out of control again. School has been in for me three weeks. Keith started back up at ASU on Monday. It will be a very interesting, busy and challenging semester. Keith worked so hard this summer so when school was out we went camping. I have to admit I was a bit worried camping while 6 months pregnant, but who doesn't like camping. We went with a few of Keith's friends. We were so lucky that our air mattress (luxury camping...hello I love sleep) leaked so being nice a prego I got to sleep on the ground with a tree root in my back. Honestly, it wasn't too bad. I had fun and loved being up in the cooler weather. We went up by Rim Canyon Road (near Christopher Creek). The pictures are on the rim. Got to love the all natural look. I'm holding my hat because it was windy like a mad monster.

Yesterday was my sweet Keith's birthday. He is an amazing person, husband and friend. I love him so much, and more every day we are together. Love you HOTTIE!!! I sadly had curriculum night and had to work until 8:30pm and didn't get home until 9:00pm. I felt so bad I couldn't spend time with him. So, today I made him his cake. For those of you who can't tell it is a gun (Glock) cake. Keith is a big gun nut, so I hoped this would make him happy. I'm glad it kind of turned out. Happy Birthday my bestest friend!

4 comments:

Alex and Brittany said...

Congrats on finishing the masters program!!! You are amazing! And you will be soooooooooo glad you finished it before having a baby. Love you Marj!

Missy said...

Congrats on getting your masters! That is awesome. How nice to have that done before your baby comes;)
That gun cake is awesome! You are so creative. What guy wouldn't love a gun cake?!

Nichole Christensen said...

I'm so proud of you, Marjie!!

Melody said...

what an acomplishment! Someday I will get there :] And I love the cake! My husband is also a BIG gun fan and I am sure he would get a kick out of that cake!